Sunny Leone most searched personality on Google in 2013
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
More people searched online for Bollywood newcomer Sunny Leone than actors like Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif and cricket maestro Sachin Tendulkar, making the adult star the most searched personality this year, according to Google India's annual Zeitgeist.
The Google India Zeitgiest tracks the year's major events and trends based on Google searches conducted in the country.
Shah Rukh Khan was fifth in the list, followed by singer Honey Singh, Telugu and Tamil film actress Kajal Agarwal, Kareena Kapoor, Sachin Tendulkar and Poonam Pandey.
Bollywood hits and the Indian Premier League topped the trending charts, with Shah Rukh Khan's 'Chennai Express' topping the Zeitgeist chart this year.
Following in the list was Indian Premier League 2013, Bollywood film Aashiqui 2, while UIDAI, John Walker and Jiah Khan also made it in the top 10 list.
BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi emerged the leader in the most searched news category, followed by Blackberry phones, Rahul Dravid, Saina Nehwal and Vijay Mallya.
According to the Zeitgeist, there was an uptick in searches for e-commerce sites with Flipkart and Olx.com topping the chart for most searched online shopping sites.
"From a search trends perspective, 2013 was clearly the year of entertainment. Online shopping, banking and e-commerce also continued their upward trend a clear testimony to Indians embracing online transactions," Rajan Anandan, VP and Managing Director (Sales and Operations) at Google India, said.
Searches on mobile phones were driven by people looking for restaurants, bars and movies, followed by coffee and cricket score.
Exotic travel destinations like Macau, Maldives and Mauritius also saw more searches than places like Boston, Dubai, Amsterdam and Singapore.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express