Superman tops sci-fi heroes poll
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
Superman has been voted the greatest ever sci-fi character on screen after beating Doctor Who and a host of 'Star Wars' creations.
'The Man Of Steel', memorably portrayed on screen by the late Christopher Reeve, topped a list of well-known names in a poll compiled by the makers of board game Stratego, reported Daily Mirror.
Runner-up in the survey was Han Solo, played by Harrison Ford in the original trio of 'Star Wars' movies, while another star of the films, the Jedi master Yoda, was third.
"Superman is the archetypal hero, and clearly as popular now as he was when he first appeared in comic books over 70 years ago," said Katherine Pierce, game's marketing manager.
The highest-ranked female character in the list included Ripley from the Alien movies, played by Sigourney Weaver, who was in 21st position.
- True patriotism requires you to be able to say I am ashamed of my country in certain respects
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?