Superman tops sci-fi heroes poll
- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi files nomination, says he didn't get personal with Narendra Modi
Superman has been voted the greatest ever sci-fi character on screen after beating Doctor Who and a host of 'Star Wars' creations.
'The Man Of Steel', memorably portrayed on screen by the late Christopher Reeve, topped a list of well-known names in a poll compiled by the makers of board game Stratego, reported Daily Mirror.
Runner-up in the survey was Han Solo, played by Harrison Ford in the original trio of 'Star Wars' movies, while another star of the films, the Jedi master Yoda, was third.
"Superman is the archetypal hero, and clearly as popular now as he was when he first appeared in comic books over 70 years ago," said Katherine Pierce, game's marketing manager.
The highest-ranked female character in the list included Ripley from the Alien movies, played by Sigourney Weaver, who was in 21st position.
The best placing from the popular long-running 'Star Trek' series was Captain Kirk (William Shatner) at number seven, in the poll of 2,000 people.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit