Superstarís Super Bash
- India's future cannot exist without the future of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Will appoint nodal officer to help Kashmiri youth across the country: Rajnath Singh in Srinagar
- Dec 16 Delhi gangrape case: Convict attempts suicide inside Tihar Jail, rushed to hospital
- Earthquake in Italy kills 247, toll may rise as rescuers continue hunt for survivors
- Rahul Gandhi twisting statement, must show generosity, apologise: RSS
Bollywood came together to celebrate Amitabh Bachchan's 70th birthday.
It was a party to ring in superstar Amitabh Bachchan's 70th birthday. And as expected, Bollywood came calling. Hosted by wife
Jaya Bachchan at Anil Ambani's Reliance Mediaworks in Goregaon, the party was as much to commemorate his 43 years in the industry as it was a chance for the guests to bring out their best ensembles. The Bachchan ladies ó Jaya, Shweta and Aishwarya ó wore clothes designed by their favourite couturiers, Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla. The women, along with son Abhishek, son-in-law Nikhil Nanda and grandson Agastya , walked in with the birthday boy. Amidst cheers from the media and fans gathered, a live orchestra played Amitabh's popular numbers. Amitabh's granddaughter Aaradhya made her first public appearance.
Some of Bollywood's biggest yesteryear stars were in attendance. Both Shashi Kapoor and Pran were wheeled into the party and a frail Dilip Kumar was accompanied by wife Saira Banu. Amitabh's co-stars and directors from his early years ó Vinod Khanna, Shatrughan Sinha, Neetu and Rishi Kapoor, Waheeda Rehman, Danny Denzongpa, Yash Chopra, Ramesh Sippy and Hema Malini ó came with families.
The younger crop of the film industry was present too, talking to the media in detail about the inspiration Amitabh has been to them. Among those present were Sunita and Anil Kapoor, Manyata and Sanjay Dutt, Gauri and Shah Rukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit and Sriram Nene, Sridevi and Boney Kapoor, Juhi Chawla, Kajol and Ajay Devgn, Deepika Padukone, Parineeti Chopra, Tabu, Preity Zinta, Kalki Koechlin and Anurag Kashyap, Vidya Balan, John Abraham, Bipasha Basu, Gauri Shinde and R Balki, Sudhir Mishra and Arshad Warsi.
Some of Amitabh's long-time friends from the film industry in the South flew in especially to attend the do. Rajinikanth with wife Latha, Chiranjeevi with wife Surekha and son Ram Charan Teja, Nagarjuna, and Rana Daggubatti were seen having a good time.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully