Aamir Khan: Superstar with a conscience is the guest at Adda tonight
- Malaysian airlines might have disintegrated mid-air
- Out of the 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by Modi: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
Perfectionist. Marathon Man. Marketing Monster. Mr Box Office. Aamir Khan has come to live these terms in Bollywood today. Also Activist, Thought Leader, Superstar with a Social Conscience.
On Wednesday evening, The Indian Express hosts him at the Express Adda at Olive Bar & Kitchen in Mumbai. The Express Adda — now well over a year old and an established monthly fixture in the social calendar of Delhi and Mumbai — is a series of free-wheeling conversations with personalities at the centre of change in our times.
2012 has been big for Aamir. Talaash continues to run successfully at the box office. His TV show Satyamev Jayate shook the nation up by taking a stand on social issues.
Aamir thrives on unpredictable choices; reinvention is his middle name. In Bollywood, the Aamir Khan story is this: if there's a movie nobody else will make, he will.
A select audience drawn from thinking Mumbai is set for a unique, stimulating conversation.
- As RSP gets cosy with Cong, CPI asks CPM to keep allies together
- ‘No. of strays in western suburbs 8 times more than in south Mumbai’
- We had three deficits. But credibility deficit was the most difficult to bridge
- Kejriwal in UP: Don’t make the mistake of electing Modi
- Congress first list hits and misses
- BJP’s Haryana dilemma: Rope in Chautala or stick to Bishnoi