Supplementary chargesheet filed in Israeli diplomat attack case
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
One year after the first chargesheet was filed against Urdu journalist Syed Mohammad Ahmad Kazmi for his alleged role in the February 2012 attack on an Israeli diplomat in the capital, the Delhi Police Special Cell has filed a supplementary chargesheet stating that the "conspiracy for the attack was hatched abroad".
The chargesheet, which was filed in the court of Additional Sessions Judge A K Garg, contains reports procured by the probe agency from Israel and the Indian Embassy in Iran.
The documents annexed with the chargesheet contain details of the visa applications filed with the Indian Embassy in Tehran by Iranian nationals Houshang Afshar Irani, Masoud Sedaghatzadeh, Syed Ali Mehdi Sadr and Mohammed Reza Abolghasemi who were named as suspects in the case in the first chargesheet. It also has reports from the Israeli embassy regarding queries sent to them by police in May 2012.
The Sessions court is currently hearing arguments on framing charges against Kazmi, who is so far the only person to be arrested in the case.
Kazmi had filed an application for discharge in the case, claiming that the prosecution had not received sanction to prosecute him under the Explosives Act and did not have ample evidence to establish his role in the alleged conspiracy.
Kazmi was accused in the first chargesheet in the February 13, 2012, attack in which an Israeli diplomat and her driver were injured.