Supreme Court provides relief to Kerala woman raped by 42 men
- Arunachal: Nabam Tuki resigns paving way for selection of Pema Khandu as CLP leader
- Turkish military coup bid crumbles, 90 killed in violence, Erdogan returns
- Who is Fethullah Gulen: The cleric being blamed for Turkey coup attempt
- Man responsible for Nice carnage was an angry loner, had little interest in Islam
- State killing its own citizens self-injury of worst sort: IAS topper from Kashmir
A Kerala woman who was raped for over 40 days by 42 different men finally got some relief today. The Supreme Court overruled the verdict of the Kerala High Court which had found just one man guilty, and had acquitted 35 others in the case.
The victim from Suryanelli in Idukki district of Kerala was 16 years old when she was abducted in January 1996 and passed from man to man across the Tamil Nadu border before being abandoned.
The apex court on January 3, this year had decided to hear the appeal against the acquittal of the 35 accused on an urgent basis. The case had been lying pending with the Court for the last eight years. The court passed the order on an appeal filed by the State of Kerala challenging the acquittal of the 35 men in the case.
- Modi administration has everything going for it except the belief that it is capable of taking the moral high ground
- Childcare is a women’s issue. Could we hope to make it gender neutral?
- Islam might be blamed for the carnage in Nice
- It is a religious vision that seems to see itself as an agent of an apocalypse of some kind
- Game Of Deception
- ‘Strangeness’ of SC Arunachal verdict lies in its upholding of constitutional morality