Supriya Sule, Mayawati to address rallies in Nagpur
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
NCP MP Supriya Sule and BSP chief Mayawati will be in Nagpur this weekend to address their respective party rallies.
While youth leader Sule will be addressing a party womens' rally at the new indoor sports complex at Nelson Square on Bhopal Road tomorrow, Mayawati is set to address party workers at a state-level rally at Kasturchand Park on Sunday morning.
The NCP is expecting about 10,000-15,000 women workers to attend the convention, which will begin at 1 pm, according to city womens wing president Nutan Rewatkar.
Party state president Madhukar Pichad, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and several senior ministers including Home Minister R R Patil, Ministers of State for Information and Public Relations Fauzia Khan, State Womens' wing president Vidya Chavan are expected to attend the event.
The backdrop at the venue of Mayawati's convention is the Red Fort and her posters with the Delhi monument in the background has already appeared on city streets as she is being projected by BSP as the future PM of the country.
BSP has 25 corporators in Municipal Corporation, four Zila Parishad members, 27 Municipal Council members and 14 Panchayat Samiti members, thereby having a total strength of 170 elected representatives, a press release said here.