Surat Police arrest Narayan Sai's aide from Asaram's Delhi ashram
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- One dead in Odisha post-poll violence
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: KKR strike early, get rid of DD opener Vijay
An aide of Narayan Sai —Asaram son who is wanted in a sexual assault case in Surat — was arrested in a joint operation by the Delhi police and the Gujarat police on Friday morning from Rajendra Nagar. Dharmendra Pariyar alias Dharmesh (28) is in-charge of the guru's Ridge Road ashram.
Dharmesh, police said, was arrested on charges of conspiracy and produced before the Tis Hazari court late on Friday. A two-day transit remand was sought by the Gujarat
police who will now take Dharmesh to Surat. He will be later produced before court for remand procedure.
Police sources said that a team of the Gujarat police had been camping in Delhi for the past few days in search of Narayan Sai.
Police on Friday conducted raids across Rohini, Najafgarh, Jafarpur Kalan and on Ridge Road from where Dharmesh was finally arrested.
Sources said that Sai had reportedly come to Delhi on October 9 and had contacted Dharmesh. Police told court that Dharmesh did not inform the police of this despite knowing that they were on the lookout for Sai. This, they said, amounted to providing Sai shelter and therefore was a criminal act.
Later, Dharmesh also prepared an affidavit seeking anticipatory bail for Sai. However, investigators found that the affidavit was a fake. The police said this amounted to charges of conspiracy.