Surat Police arrest Narayan Sai's aide from Asaram's Delhi ashram
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
An aide of Narayan Sai —Asaram son who is wanted in a sexual assault case in Surat — was arrested in a joint operation by the Delhi police and the Gujarat police on Friday morning from Rajendra Nagar. Dharmendra Pariyar alias Dharmesh (28) is in-charge of the guru's Ridge Road ashram.
Dharmesh, police said, was arrested on charges of conspiracy and produced before the Tis Hazari court late on Friday. A two-day transit remand was sought by the Gujarat
police who will now take Dharmesh to Surat. He will be later produced before court for remand procedure.
Police sources said that a team of the Gujarat police had been camping in Delhi for the past few days in search of Narayan Sai.
Police on Friday conducted raids across Rohini, Najafgarh, Jafarpur Kalan and on Ridge Road from where Dharmesh was finally arrested.
Sources said that Sai had reportedly come to Delhi on October 9 and had contacted Dharmesh. Police told court that Dharmesh did not inform the police of this despite knowing that they were on the lookout for Sai. This, they said, amounted to providing Sai shelter and therefore was a criminal act.
Later, Dharmesh also prepared an affidavit seeking anticipatory bail for Sai. However, investigators found that the affidavit was a fake. The police said this amounted to charges of conspiracy.