Suri Cruise to launch fashion line
- After meeting with India, Pakistan says Kashmir remains core issue
- Behind the chest thumping, India and Pak work through quieter channels to improve ties
- BJP seeks to corner govt over VVIP chopper scam, Ishrat Jahan case
- Rajya Sabha disrupted yet again over JNU row and Uttarakhand crisis
- PM Modi, Amit Shah decided RS list, Swamy made the cut with National Herald case
Hollywood star Tom Cruise's seven-year-old daughter Suri is all set to launch her own fashion line after reportedly landing a 1.5 million pounds deal.
Suri has signed a contract to work with her mother Katie Holmes and her partner Jeanne Yang on a collection of clothes, shoes and accessories for young girls, reported Sun online.
"Suri is only seven but she is incredibly interested in clothes. She has been through a very difficult year and adapted amazingly to her new life in New York, including the upheaval of starting normal school," a source said.
"This is a nice hobby for her, it's certainly not going to take over her life. Most girls dream of being able to make their own clothes, this just means her drawings will now become a reality. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out, there's nothing around quite like it," it added.
The line, named Suri, will reportedly launch this autumn in New York, and if successful will be rolled out across America next year.
Holmes, 34, was originally approached about the possibility of Suri having her own fashion blog, but the idea was extended when she stared talking about designs for clothes.
- Stories of greed and inability to see the big picture in election-time Bengal
- A neat separation of poverty estimates and entitlements won’t pass muster
- NDA has kept its promise to make local self-government more meaningful
- Delhi must not let commonsense with Beijing turn into a policy of self-denial with US
- Putin’s intervention has brought Russia back in a prominent role in Syria
- Relieve the president of the thankless task of putting his signature to the proclamation