Suri Cruise to launch fashion line
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
Hollywood star Tom Cruise's seven-year-old daughter Suri is all set to launch her own fashion line after reportedly landing a 1.5 million pounds deal.
Suri has signed a contract to work with her mother Katie Holmes and her partner Jeanne Yang on a collection of clothes, shoes and accessories for young girls, reported Sun online.
"Suri is only seven but she is incredibly interested in clothes. She has been through a very difficult year and adapted amazingly to her new life in New York, including the upheaval of starting normal school," a source said.
"This is a nice hobby for her, it's certainly not going to take over her life. Most girls dream of being able to make their own clothes, this just means her drawings will now become a reality. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out, there's nothing around quite like it," it added.
The line, named Suri, will reportedly launch this autumn in New York, and if successful will be rolled out across America next year.
Holmes, 34, was originally approached about the possibility of Suri having her own fashion blog, but the idea was extended when she stared talking about designs for clothes.