Surprising health benefits of beer unveiled
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Despite its bad reputation, beer has a number of natural antioxidants and vitamins that can help prevent heart disease and even rebuild muscles, study claims.
Researchers have found that beer has several surprising health benefits that can help lower cholesterol, fight cancer and even kill viruses.
Beer, however, also has one of the highest energy content and can make a person fat, a media report said.
Beer is 93 per cent water and according to a Spanish study, it may actually provide better hydration than H2O alone when a person is sweating out under the sun.
Calorie-wise, you may be tempted to grab a light lager, but for health benefits, a dark beer is the better choice, the report said.
According to the report, dark beers tend to have the most antioxidants, which help reverse cellular damage that occurs naturally in the body.
A study published in the Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture has also found that dark beer has higher iron content compared to lighter beers.
Iron is an essential mineral in human cells and does many jobs including carrying oxygen from our lungs throughout the rest of our body.
Another good choice, the report said, is micro-brews, which are healthier than mass-produced cans, because they have more hops. Hops contain polyphenols, which help lower cholesterol, fight cancer and kill viruses.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress