Surrogacy: Gujarat doc booked for selling baby
- Rahul Gandhi attacks Narendra Modi; highlights Congress work in Uttarakhand
- Rohtak rally: Ambani, Modi, Rahul, media â all are corrupt, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
A day after the police registered an FIR against Dr Bharat Atit (56), gynaecologist and husband of former mayor Malini Atit, following a complaint that a baby boy born in his clinic was sold to a couple in Mumbai, he filed an anticipatory bail application before a sessions court here on Wednesday.
The Detection of Crime Branch had earlier detained his employee Neeru, who reportedly confessed that the baby was sold for Rs 2 lakh. The DCB has now ordered the surrogate mother and child to undergo DNA tests. DCB officials said that Ahmedabad doctors will conduct a DNA test on the woman. An official from the DCB said, "DNA test will also be conducted on the child when he is found and brought to Ahmedabad."
DCB teams are in Mumbai and Rajkot to identify the couple on the basis of information provided by Neeru.
DCP (Crime) Himanshu Shukla said, "We have registered a case against Dr Bharat Atit for illegally selling the complainant's baby to a couple in Mumbai. There are statements and evidence against him."
The incident came to light when the woman filed a complaint of rape against her boyfriend, Rajkumar Jadav, who is son of a police constable. According to the police, she subsequently changed her statement twice. In August last, she told the DCB that she had two children from her husband who lives in Rajasthan. After separating from him, she started living with Rajkumar, and was pregnant with her third child from the marriage. According to the DCB, the woman wanted to abort the child for which she contacted Neeru, who took her to Atit. The doctor allegedly promised that he would sell the baby to a couple in Mumbai.
However, in his application, Atit has stated that the complainant had voluntarily agreed to become an egg donor in 2010. He has stated that the case against him is related to a police case in which the complainant had accused Rajkumar of rape.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde