Surve fires hat-trick for Miners
- Parliament LIVE: Expert committee to review use of pellet guns, says Rajnath
- Dalit fury spills over to Gujarat streets, 9 more try to end lives; CM meets family assaulted in Una
- Hit by campus protests, FTII makes new students sign ‘decorum, decency’ affidavit
- Dalits are 'soft target' for cow vigilantes: fact finding team
- Suspicious bag found inside Dubai-Amritsar SpiceJet flight
An impressive Shavez Surve scored a hat-trick to help Miners FC dish out an impressive 4-2 win against Parel Villa in a First Division match of the Mumbai District Football Association (MDFA) League 2012-13, at the St. Xavier's ground, Parel on Wednesday evening.
Surve was on fire netting in prolifically.
Ashish Dayal netted Miners' fourth goal, while Lyle Mendes and Aaron Verdis got the goals for the Parel side only as compensation.
In other matches, Falcon Brothers, Mulund had things very much under control as they blanked Millwal FC 3-0 comprehensively. Rohan Thomas netted a brace and Bryan Sam scored the other goal to complete the tally.
Meanwhile, later in the day, St. Joseph's, Juhu proved too good for Madanpura FC as they romped to an easy 3-1 win. Ryan Creado, Reynold Murzello and Thomas Gonsalves, all contributed a goal each towards St. Joseph's success. Ashfaq Khan scored the consolation goal for the losers in return.
Results, at St. Xavier's ground, Parel –Div-I:
Falcons Brothers, Mulund 3 (Rohan Thomas 2, Bryan Sam) beat Millwal FC 0. St. Joseph's, Juhu 3 (Ryan Creado, Reynold Murzello, Thomas Gonsalves) beat Madanpura FC 1 (Ashfaq Khan).
32 teams for NGO football
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might