Surve fires hat-trick for Miners
- India to grow at 7.5 per cent in 2016, faster than China: IMF
- Lalu Yadav, Amit Shah booked for 'Narbhakshi', 'Chara chor' comments
- Nehru's niece returns Sahitya Akademi Award, questions PM's silence on 'reign of terror'
- Delhi MLAs may get 400 per cent hike in salary
- American Airlines plane makes emergency landing after pilot dies mid-flight
An impressive Shavez Surve scored a hat-trick to help Miners FC dish out an impressive 4-2 win against Parel Villa in a First Division match of the Mumbai District Football Association (MDFA) League 2012-13, at the St. Xavier's ground, Parel on Wednesday evening.
Surve was on fire netting in prolifically.
Ashish Dayal netted Miners' fourth goal, while Lyle Mendes and Aaron Verdis got the goals for the Parel side only as compensation.
In other matches, Falcon Brothers, Mulund had things very much under control as they blanked Millwal FC 3-0 comprehensively. Rohan Thomas netted a brace and Bryan Sam scored the other goal to complete the tally.
Meanwhile, later in the day, St. Joseph's, Juhu proved too good for Madanpura FC as they romped to an easy 3-1 win. Ryan Creado, Reynold Murzello and Thomas Gonsalves, all contributed a goal each towards St. Joseph's success. Ashfaq Khan scored the consolation goal for the losers in return.
Results, at St. Xavier's ground, Parel –Div-I:
Falcons Brothers, Mulund 3 (Rohan Thomas 2, Bryan Sam) beat Millwal FC 0. St. Joseph's, Juhu 3 (Ryan Creado, Reynold Murzello, Thomas Gonsalves) beat Madanpura FC 1 (Ashfaq Khan).
32 teams for NGO football