Suryanelli rape: P J Kurien has no moral right to continue, says Kerala BJP
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: MI in deep trouble against RCB
BJP's Kerala unit today demanded an impartial re-investigation into the alleged involvement of Deputy Chairperson of Rajya Sabha P J Kurien in the Suryanelli gangrape case.
Kurien has no moral right to continue in the post and till the probe is completed, he should step down, BJP state president V Muraleedharan told reporters here.
Muraleedharan alleged that various information coming out in the case reveals that attempts are being made to sabotage the case. The UDF government's refusal to re-investigate the sexual assault case is 'childish', he alleged.
Attempts were made during the rule of both the LDF and UDF to clear Kurien's name in the case, he said.
BJP state secretary K S Rajan said the then investigating officer in the case Sibi Mathew had allegedly altered the statement given by him (Rajan) about having seen Kurien in Tiruvalla at a house of one P K Idukkula on the day when the alleged sexual assualt on the girl had taken place. Rajan said he would resort to legal steps against Mathew.