Susan Rice withdraws from race of US Secretary of State
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
"I have every confidence that Susan has limitless capability to serve our country now and in the years to come, and know that I will continue to rely on her as an advisor and friend.
"While I deeply regret the unfair and misleading attacks on Susan Rice in recent weeks, her decision demonstrates the strength of her character, and an admirable commitment to rise above the politics of the moment to put our national interests first," Obama said.
In her letter Rice said, Obama's vision and leadership has enabled the United States to restore its global standing, strengthen its national security, repair its relationship with the United Nations, and advance US interests and values.
"I am proud of many successes at the United Nations, including the protection of civilians from Libya to Cot D¿Ivoire, strengthening the nuclear non-proliferation regime and increasing international pressure on Iran and North Korea through the toughest sanctions ever," she said.
The achievements also included the unwavering support for Israel, the contribution to the birth of the world's newest state South Sudan, accelerating UN reforms, and the bold defence of the equal rights of all human beings regardless of their race, economic status or whom they love, Rice added.