Sushant’s big break
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: Maxwellâs 43-ball 95 helps KXIP chase 206
If there is one person who will vouch for the importance of being in the right place at the right time, it is Sushant Singh Rajput. He started out as the lead actor in Pavitra Rishta, and his popularity soared when he contested in Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa. After bagging two big-banner projects, Abhishek Kapoor's Kai Po Che! and Rajkumar Hirani's Peekay, Rajput has now been signed on for a Yash Raj film. After Shahid Kapoor opted out of Maneesh Sharma's next, the hunt for the lead actor went on for a couple of months. Following several rounds of audition, Rajput was finalised for the role. He will be playing the lead opposite Parineeti Chopra, who is among the recent YRF favourites.