Sushil overlooked as Dravid, Mary get Padma Bhushan
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
Meanwhile Sushil's close friend Yogeshwar Dutt and shooter Vijay Kumar were also rewarded with Padma Shri awards for winning bronze and silver medals at London Olympics. Also on the list is former international boxer Dingko Singh — 14 years after his gold medal at the Asian Games — and the 2010 Asian games gold medallist rower Bajrang Lal Takhar.
The awards committee comprised cabinet secretary Ajit Seth, home secretary RK Singh, Anil Kakodkar, prime minister's principal secretary Pulok Chatterjee and actor Ratna Pathak Shah.
Roll of honour
* Padma bhushan: Rahul Dravid (cricket), Mary Kom (boxing)
* Padma shri: Premlata Agarwal (mountain climber), Yogeshwar Dutt (wrestling), Hosanagara Nagarajegowda Girisha (paralympian), Vijay Kumar (shooting), Dingko Singh (boxing), Bajrang Lal Takhar (rowing)