Sushma, Sushil Modi, Advani to campaign this weekend
- Raja 'misled' Manmohan Singh on policy matters: CBI to court
- RSS raises Ambedkar vs Mother Teresa row
- From Maldives, road to Islamic State goes via drugs, gangs and jail
- In a first, Indian military contingent to march at Moscow’s Red Square
- Maharashtra by-poll: Shiv Sena set to retain Bandra (E), NCP wins Tasgaon
National BJP leaders, including deputy chief minister of Bihar Sushil Kumar Modi, Lok Sabha BJP leader Sushma Swaraj and L K Advani, will come to Gujarat on December 1 and 2 to canvas for party candidates in various constituencies, said an official release issued on Thursday.
Other leaders include party leader in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley, national president Nitin Gadkari, former party presidents Dr Murli Manohar Joshi, Rajnath Singh and Venkaiah Naidu, former deputy chief minister of Maharashtra Gopinath Munde, chief ministers Dr Raman Singh (Chhattisgarh ), Prem Kumar Dhumal (Himachal Pradesh), Manohar Parikkar (Goa), Shivrajsingh Chouhan (Madhya Pradesh) and Arjun Munda (Jharkhand).
Besides them, the release said, party vice-president Kalraj Mishra, general secretaries Ananth Kumar, V K Goyal, Ravshankar Prasad, Kiran Maheshwari and Dharmendra Pradhan will be addressing meetings.
Others include cricketer-turn-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu, BJP Mahila Morcha president Smriti Irani, Phaggan Singh Kulaste, Gujarat in-charge Balbir Punj, national spokespersons Praksah Javdekar, Rajiv Pratap Rudi, Om Prakash Dhankar, and Om Prakash Mathur among others.