‘Suspect involved in similar incidents in Mumbai, Thane’
- EC issues show cause notice to Mulayam Singh Yadav for violation of poll code
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: KXIP chase 206, beat CSK by six wickets
The Pune police on Tuesday told a magistrate court that the vice-principal of Don Bosco's National Institute Open School (NIOS), Yerawada, arrested for allegedly molesting and attempting to rape an SSC girl student, was involved in similar incidents when he was working in Mumbai and Thane.
Investigating officer, sub inspector Reshma Mulani told the court that they had information of suspect Egidius Falcao's involvement in a similar offences when he had worked in Mumbai and Thane. PSI Mulani sought an extension of Falcao's police custody to investigate these past incidents. Mulani also told court that police wanted his custody as they wanted to go to his native place and talk to his family members to investigate his antecedents.
Defence counsel Harshad Nimbalkar argued that most of the reasons stated in the remand report submitted by the police for seeking extension of custody were the same as before. Nimbalkar said the suspect had been in police custody for sufficient time and so police custody should not be extended.
Judicial Magistrate (first class) S S Patil remanded Falcao in magisterial custody. Falcao's application for medical treatment was also accepted and the court ordered Yerawada jail authorities to take him to Sassoon Hospital for a check-up.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer