Suspected militants fire at police party in Srinagar
- Uphaar fire: Ansal brothers walk free, SC rules Rs 60-cr fine adequate
- Bihar battle: Nitish shares dais with Kejriwal, calls Modi desperate
- Suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt sacked, says decision came after 'sham inquiry'
- Students tortured me using interrogation techniques: FTII director
- ACB chief Meena 'not acting in accordance with law': Delhi govt to HC
Suspected militants on Sunday opened fire on a police party when it asked the vehicle they were travelling in to stop. The militants managed to escape.
On Sunday evening, the police had laid a barricade at Kanipora on the outskirts of Srinagar city. As the policemen asked a vehicle to stop, the suspected militants in the car lobbed a grenade. The grenade didn't explode. The militants, however, managed to escape after firing some shots at the policemen.
No one was injured in the shootout.
Meanwhile, Hizbul Mujahideen has announced a cash reward of Rs 5 lakh to the militants who killed four policemen at Hygam in Sopore on Friday.