Suspected Naxalites fire at IAF helicopter, injure one, force it to land in dense Dantewada jungle
- If BJP loses, fireworks will light up Pakistan: Amit Shah
- 'Rabid anti-BJP elements' returning awards, says Jaitley; Nayantara Sahgal says govt 'rattled'
- Queen to host lunch for PM Modi on maiden UK visit
- Pakistan sold Iran nuke tech in 1980s, former President Rafsanjani reveals
- UP ministers sacking - SP seeks new look to old govt
Suspected Naxalites fired at an IAF helicopter injuring a security man in Maoist hotbed of Dantewada in Chhattisgarh.
According to preliminary reports, the helicopter was on a mission to airlift a few CRPF troopers when it was fired upon.
"The helicopter has been forced to land at Teliwara in Sukma district. One IAF man has been hit and the chopper has been cordoned off," a senior security official said.
- We need to show we love India more than those who profess a monopoly on this love story
- Why television doesn’t show the crowds or their absence at Rahul Gandhi’s Bihar rallies
- Over-dependence on fossil fuels will hurt sustainable development in India
- Drastic measures against child abuse distract attention from failures to ensure justice for victims
- The Urdu Press: Bihar Miracle
- Instead of another revision, MPs should go for voluntary salary cuts