Suspected Naxalites fire at IAF helicopter, injure one, force it to land in dense Dantewada jungle
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Suspected Naxalites fired at an IAF helicopter injuring a security man in Maoist hotbed of Dantewada in Chhattisgarh.
According to preliminary reports, the helicopter was on a mission to airlift a few CRPF troopers when it was fired upon.
"The helicopter has been forced to land at Teliwara in Sukma district. One IAF man has been hit and the chopper has been cordoned off," a senior security official said.
The helicopter had flown from the state capital and it had gone off the radar for sometime, they said.
- A youth leader takes on Congress veteran in the NE primary
- On Women’s Day, ECI holds special campaign to woo women voters
- Disgruntled Aam Aadmi Party worker smears ink on Yogendra Yadav’s face
- Welfare Party of India fields candidates in 18 seats
- Mid-day meal workers clash with police, a few injured
- Indigo plane catches fire on landing, none hurt