Suspected Naxalites fire at IAF helicopter, injure one, force it to land in dense Dantewada jungle
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Suspected Naxalites fired at an IAF helicopter injuring a security man in Maoist hotbed of Dantewada in Chhattisgarh.
According to preliminary reports, the helicopter was on a mission to airlift a few CRPF troopers when it was fired upon.
"The helicopter has been forced to land at Teliwara in Sukma district. One IAF man has been hit and the chopper has been cordoned off," a senior security official said.
The helicopter had flown from the state capital and it had gone off the radar for sometime, they said.