Suspected Naxalites fire at IAF helicopter, injure one, force it to land in dense Dantewada jungle
- Yadav, Bhushan wanted party's defeat in Delhi polls, allege AAP leaders
- Chhattisgarh PDS rice scam: probe widens as police find a list with names, alleged bribes
- Land bill on table, government tells opposition willing to make changes
- His last detention against norms, red flag pre-dated Mufti govt
- Assam MLA claims he warned cops before Dimapur lynching
Suspected Naxalites fired at an IAF helicopter injuring a security man in Maoist hotbed of Dantewada in Chhattisgarh.
According to preliminary reports, the helicopter was on a mission to airlift a few CRPF troopers when it was fired upon.
"The helicopter has been forced to land at Teliwara in Sukma district. One IAF man has been hit and the chopper has been cordoned off," a senior security official said.
The helicopter had flown from the state capital and it had gone off the radar for sometime, they said.