Suspecting them of having an affair, man throws acid on wife, relative
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
Suspecting that his wife had illicit relations with a relative, a Bhiwani resident on Thursday threw acid on their faces. While accused Hriday fled after the incident, Sangeeta and Harihar were rushed to the civil hospital in Bhiwani, from where Harihar was referred to Rohtak's Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences. According to the police, while Harhihar had lost an eye, Sangeeta's condition was also critical.
The incident took place in Bhiwani's Labour Colony. "Earlier as well, Hriday had manhandled Harihar and Sangeeta suspecting them of having an illicit relationship. His family had intervened and asked him to trust his wife. But Hriday was still not convinced. A few days ago, he took Harihar and Sangeeta to a nearby temple and made them swear that they were not involved. He also made Sangeeta tie a rakhi to Harihar," a police officer said.
"However, Hriday continued to suspect Sangeeta and today morning, he attacked both by throwing acid on their faces. We are conducting raids to arrest him."
Dr Kulwant Phogat of Bhiwani Civil Hospital, said: "Both the patients have sustained severe acid injuries on their faces and other body parts. Harihar's condition is very critical, for which he has been referred to Rohtak PGIMS. Sangeeta has also sustained severe injuries."
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today
- Class XII exams clash with polls, 4 postponed
- 11 traffic cops suspended for cop-out at key junctions