Suspend deputy head of factories dept: Parvasi board
- The waterway: What it takes to run India’s longest water train
- Ecuador: 7.8 magnitude earthquake strikes coast; at least 77 dead
- Nitish Kumar makes his first move: All parties must unite if BJP has to be defeated
- Gadkari’s wake-up call to Maharashtra: it’s time you spent more on irrigation
- Actions contrary to law, explain: probe panel to Hooda on Gurgaon land deals
A day after the death of a worker in Zeenat industries, after his hand was caught by a mchine, Sitamber Singh — member of Parvasi board — said that lack of proper care by factories and labour department, had caused an increase in such accidents.
"The deputy director factories Jitender Singh Bhatti should be suspended as he failed to visit the factory in time after the accident," he said, adding that Bhatti was the person deputed in Khanna when a fatal accident took place in September in a solvex factory resulting in death of 14 workers. He was suspended at that time and again re-instated.
- People of the Kashmir valley are struggling to decide their identity
- Ambedkar would be deeply ashamed of the way India has turned out
- Now that the BJP is the big beast, there will be an attempt to revive the Janata
- Inside track: Who done it?
- Delhi seems ready to compete with Beijing where it must and cooperate where it can
- Don’t judge the odd-even policy on its impact on pollution alone