Suspend deputy head of factories dept: Parvasi board
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Thousands join Narendra Modi as he begins roadshow ahead of filing nomination from Varanasi
- Modi to Cong: Just 20 days more...Will take revenge
- Letter by Xavier's principal criticising Gujarat model taken down from college website
- Donât allow regional parties to contest LS polls: Chavan
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP registers 24 % in first four hours
A day after the death of a worker in Zeenat industries, after his hand was caught by a mchine, Sitamber Singh — member of Parvasi board — said that lack of proper care by factories and labour department, had caused an increase in such accidents.
"The deputy director factories Jitender Singh Bhatti should be suspended as he failed to visit the factory in time after the accident," he said, adding that Bhatti was the person deputed in Khanna when a fatal accident took place in September in a solvex factory resulting in death of 14 workers. He was suspended at that time and again re-instated.
Bhatti said, "I have ordered an inquiry and it will be completed within a month. The report will be sent to the director factories who will further decide as what action needs to be taken."
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling
- Hyderabad blast 2013: Agencies hunt for Mangalore ‘source’
- Police raids Giriraj Singh's home to arrest him for hate remarks
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police