Suspended IAS officer back at work after 7 months
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
The state government on Sunday posted IAS officer Y K Bahal, who was suspended in June last year following an incident of violence in Pratapgarh where he was posted as district magistrate, as member of the Revenue Board.
Sources said his suspension was revoked about two months ago but the government had kept him in waiting. Bahal was suspended after violence erupted in Asthan village following the rape and murder of a minor girl. The government also posted IAS officer Abhay as Special Secretary in Department of IT and Electronics. He had been waiting for a posting since October 13.