Suspended IAS officer back at work after 7 months
- SC stays Teesta Setalvad's arrest till Friday
- Arvind Kejriwal meets PM Modi, raises issue of statehood
- We moved from politics of agitation to politics of hope, says Yogendra Yadav
- After Modi's rap, BJP workers shelve NaMo temple project in Rajkot
- Nitish parades his numbers, Bihar Governor calls Manjhi for floor test
The state government on Sunday posted IAS officer Y K Bahal, who was suspended in June last year following an incident of violence in Pratapgarh where he was posted as district magistrate, as member of the Revenue Board.
Sources said his suspension was revoked about two months ago but the government had kept him in waiting. Bahal was suspended after violence erupted in Asthan village following the rape and murder of a minor girl. The government also posted IAS officer Abhay as Special Secretary in Department of IT and Electronics. He had been waiting for a posting since October 13.