Suspended IAS officer back at work after 7 months
- LIVE: Western Railway resumes services, but Mumbai braces for more rain tomorrow
- Lalit Modi Row: BJP rejects demand for resignation of Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Hooch liquor tragedy: Death toll rises to 41; eight policemen suspended
- J&K govt prevents Sopore Chalo march, top separatists detained
- Petition against Tendulkar's Bharat Ratna admitted by Madhya Pradesh HC
The state government on Sunday posted IAS officer Y K Bahal, who was suspended in June last year following an incident of violence in Pratapgarh where he was posted as district magistrate, as member of the Revenue Board.
Sources said his suspension was revoked about two months ago but the government had kept him in waiting. Bahal was suspended after violence erupted in Asthan village following the rape and murder of a minor girl. The government also posted IAS officer Abhay as Special Secretary in Department of IT and Electronics. He had been waiting for a posting since October 13.