Suspended IAS officer back at work after 7 months
- UP Police raids Sahara chief Subrata Roy's residence, fails to arrest him
- AAP announces second list of candidates, Rajmohan Gandhi to contest from East Delhi
- TRS MP Vijayashanthi joins Congress day after party rules out merger
- Rahul Gandhi slams Salman Khurshid over 'impotent' remark against Narendra Modi
- UPAâs farewell gift: a house for Lalu, rent waiver for many
The state government on Sunday posted IAS officer Y K Bahal, who was suspended in June last year following an incident of violence in Pratapgarh where he was posted as district magistrate, as member of the Revenue Board.
Sources said his suspension was revoked about two months ago but the government had kept him in waiting. Bahal was suspended after violence erupted in Asthan village following the rape and murder of a minor girl. The government also posted IAS officer Abhay as Special Secretary in Department of IT and Electronics. He had been waiting for a posting since October 13.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight