Suspended IAS officer back at work after 7 months
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
The state government on Sunday posted IAS officer Y K Bahal, who was suspended in June last year following an incident of violence in Pratapgarh where he was posted as district magistrate, as member of the Revenue Board.
Sources said his suspension was revoked about two months ago but the government had kept him in waiting. Bahal was suspended after violence erupted in Asthan village following the rape and murder of a minor girl. The government also posted IAS officer Abhay as Special Secretary in Department of IT and Electronics. He had been waiting for a posting since October 13.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties