Suspended TC leader arrested
- Supreme Court denies bail for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi HC upholds death sentence of four convicts
- US investigators suspect missing Malaysia jetliner flew for hours after losing contact
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
- US court dismisses Devyani Khobragade's indictment in visa fraud case
Suspended Trinamool Congress leader Ashis Dey, who had brandished a revolver and threatened the staff of a private hospital here, was today arrested.
Police said Dey was arrested after he surrendered this morning.
A local court later remanded him to five days police custody.
Dey had gone into the hospital leading a group on Friday night brandishing the firearm to threaten its staff following a spat. The act was caught on CCTV.
TMC MP Shatabdi Roy and other party leaders have denounced the act and said action should be taken against the suspended leader.