Suspended TC leader arrested
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- MH370 continued flying for 6 hours, could have gone towards Kazakhstan or south of Indian Ocean: Malaysian PM
- AICC spokesman lashes out against PM's silence and negative publicity
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
- Eyes on UP prize, Narendra Modi set for Varanasi
Suspended Trinamool Congress leader Ashis Dey, who had brandished a revolver and threatened the staff of a private hospital here, was today arrested.
Police said Dey was arrested after he surrendered this morning.
A local court later remanded him to five days police custody.
Dey had gone into the hospital leading a group on Friday night brandishing the firearm to threaten its staff following a spat. The act was caught on CCTV.
TMC MP Shatabdi Roy and other party leaders have denounced the act and said action should be taken against the suspended leader.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy