Suspended TC leader arrested
- Rafale deal: India sign agreement with France to acquire 36 fighter jets
- Subrata Roy set to go back to Tihar jail; SC declines to extend parole
- Explained: Restricting Pakistan's access to Indus easier said than done
- MNS-affiliate sets 48-hour deadline for Pakistani artists to leave India
- BJP-BDJS alliance in Kerala on verge of collapse hints leader
Suspended Trinamool Congress leader Ashis Dey, who had brandished a revolver and threatened the staff of a private hospital here, was today arrested.
Police said Dey was arrested after he surrendered this morning.
A local court later remanded him to five days police custody.
Dey had gone into the hospital leading a group on Friday night brandishing the firearm to threaten its staff following a spat. The act was caught on CCTV.
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue
- GST is reform long delayed, but there may be good reason not to hurry it through now
- Gau rakshak vs Make in India
- Pope Francis’ message is one that India and Pakistan must hear
- Dengue & chikungunya can be tackled via swift surveillance, sustained controls
- TV channels tossed violent suggestions as casually as a peanut in the mouth