Suspended TC leader arrested
- Manish Sisodia announces key ministries of Delhi Cabinet
- Maken hits back at Sheila Dikshit, says result extension of 2013 mandate
- Voter lists in hand, Hindu Mahasabha looks for Christians, Muslims on Valentine’s Day
- Child, nurse, wife on vacation among 9 killed as train derails
- In Baramati, Narendra Modi says Sharad Pawar a 'helpful veteran leader'
Suspended Trinamool Congress leader Ashis Dey, who had brandished a revolver and threatened the staff of a private hospital here, was today arrested.
Police said Dey was arrested after he surrendered this morning.
A local court later remanded him to five days police custody.
Dey had gone into the hospital leading a group on Friday night brandishing the firearm to threaten its staff following a spat. The act was caught on CCTV.
TMC MP Shatabdi Roy and other party leaders have denounced the act and said action should be taken against the suspended leader.