Suu Kyi to meet PM on Nov 14 during India visit
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Train derails in Assam, at least 50 passengers injured
- Narendra Modi glue binds splintered Maharashtra
- Muslims afraid of Modi, but Rajnath like Atal: Shia cleric
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia Gandhi to address first poll rally in Telangana today
Myanmar's pro-democracy leader and Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi will meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on November 14 as part of her four-day tour to India.
The visit, according to MEA spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin, is part of India's ongoing engagement with the democratic and multi-party polity in Myanmar.
"It would provide opportunity to exchange views on all matters of mutual interest with a view to build upon the positive momentum in India-Myanmar relations," he said.
Suu Kyi will also deliver the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Lecture here on November 14. "It would be recalled Aung San Suu Kyi had accepted the invitation from Sonia Gandhi in her capacity as chairperson of Nehru Memorial Fund to deliver the Nehru Memorial Lecture when she met the Prime Minister during his visit to Myanmar in May 2012," the spokesperson said.