Suzuki Motorcycle suspends two over clash
- Congress fields local MLA Ajay Rai from Varanasi to take on Modi, Kejriwal
- Kejriwal slapped again, second attack in last four days
- Mamata Banerjee relents; agrees to EC directive on transfer of officers
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Mamata Banerjee seeks removal of Vinod Zutshi from Election Commission
This incident follows another in 2011 when three workers were suspended by Suzuki Motorcycle after the union went on strike to support the strike by workers at Maruti Suzuki's nearby Manesar plant who were demanding registration of their own union at the time. However, this suspension was revoked after a while.
Labour trouble has had an uncomfortable association with the Gurgaon-Manesar industrial belt and it has only heightened in the recent times.
The extreme case had been the July 18, 2012, violence at Maruti Suzuki's Manesar plant that claimed the life of a company official and injured 96 others.
Maruti also saw sporadic strikes at the plant between June and October, 2011. Meanwhile, labour disputes have also taken place across Honda Motorcycle's Manesar plant, component makers Rico Auto and Sunbeam Auto. Even Hero MotoCorp's ongoing wage talks at its Gurgaon plant now threaten to spiral into a strike after around six months of negotiations.
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city