Swami arrested for raping minor girl in ashram
- Pakistan: Twin blasts near Charsadda court, four dead, several feared injured
- Panama Papers: ED widens probe, issues advisories to 137 Indians
- FIR names A P Singh: CBI to probe its second director for corruption
- Same-sex attraction is OK, boys can cry, girl’s no means no
- Interview with Devendra Fadnavis: ‘Transparency to remain non-negotiable in Sena-BJP alliance after polls’
An orphanage director was arrested for allegedly raping a 13-year-old girl inmate, police said.
Swami Poornananda (52) was apprehended under section section 376 (punishment for rape) of the IPC after the victim lodged a complaint against him, they said.
The accused is head of the city-based Swami Gnananda Ashram which houses an orphanage and old-age home.
He was picked up from the ashram premises along with a woman, police said.
It is suspected that the alleged incident might have taken some three months back as claimed by the girl, police said.
- Delhi blast acquittals raise a question: When will politics go beyond my favourite innocent vs yours?
- For IPL franchises, market considerations are as important as talent
- Agencies charged with the upkeep and protection of Delhi’s historic buildings find little thrill in their job
- Government, philanthropists and business can forge partnerships and blend financial models to achieve sustainable development goals
- Pakistan is the site of conflict between two understandings of Islam. Let the music not fade
- Maharashtra civic polls underline the disconnect between urban governance and citizen