Swami arrested for raping minor girl in ashram
- Pakistan covets territory of others and uses terrorism as state policy: India
- Arunachal verdict: Law on Nabam Tuki's side but not numbers, Congress has Plan B
- With VK Singh onboard, two IAF aircraft leave to evacuate Indians from South Sudan
- Kashmir protests: Another person succumbs to injuries, death toll reaches 37
- Two women commit suicide in a day inside IIT Madras campus
An orphanage director was arrested for allegedly raping a 13-year-old girl inmate, police said.
Swami Poornananda (52) was apprehended under section section 376 (punishment for rape) of the IPC after the victim lodged a complaint against him, they said.
The accused is head of the city-based Swami Gnananda Ashram which houses an orphanage and old-age home.
He was picked up from the ashram premises along with a woman, police said.
It is suspected that the alleged incident might have taken some three months back as claimed by the girl, police said.
- In the Northeast, an uneasy new alliance
- Telescope: On Kashmir, channels pulled in one direction, RSTV restored perspective
- A wide space has opened up for radicalisation in Kashmir
- An attack on vibrant Bangladesh
- Retreat Of Global Norms
- After Burhan Wani death protests, an illusion is shattered in Kashmir