Vivekananda ideal role model for India's youths, says RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- EC issues show cause notice to Mulayam Singh Yadav for violation of poll code
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: KXIP chase 206, beat CSK by six wickets
Swami Vivekananda is a perfect role model for India's youths as his thoughts are still relevant and a guiding force for world, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat said here today.
"His (Vivekananda's) thoughts are as useful today as they used to be then.
His thoughts throw light on India's development as well as the world," Bhagwat said. He was addressing a concluding session of the two-day national seminar organised by the Bhartiya Vichar March, marking the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
"In today's fast-paced world, one feels like reviewing 150-year-old thoughts of Swmi Vivekananda as they continue to be as relevant as they were then," the RSS chief said. Bhagwat said even the world acknowledges that thoughts of Swamiji brought about a change in the thought process of the people.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer