Vivekananda ideal role model for India's youths, says RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- If Pakistan has sympathy for Kashmiri youth, they shouldn’t provoke them to attack army camps: Mehbooba Mufti
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others killed in police encounter
- Rio 2016 review: What they did at home, what in Olympics
- Buzz of change in Maldives, Mohammed Nasheed flies secretly to Lanka
- Kashmir: Police constable shot dead by terrorists
Swami Vivekananda is a perfect role model for India's youths as his thoughts are still relevant and a guiding force for world, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat said here today.
"His (Vivekananda's) thoughts are as useful today as they used to be then.
His thoughts throw light on India's development as well as the world," Bhagwat said. He was addressing a concluding session of the two-day national seminar organised by the Bhartiya Vichar March, marking the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
"In today's fast-paced world, one feels like reviewing 150-year-old thoughts of Swmi Vivekananda as they continue to be as relevant as they were then," the RSS chief said. Bhagwat said even the world acknowledges that thoughts of Swamiji brought about a change in the thought process of the people.
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.
- The draft surrogacy bill violates the fundamental right of people to choose modes of parenthood
- Realpolitik drives Myanmar’s outreach to India and China
- Epidemics in India are seldom followed by a long-term response
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within