Subramanian Swamy condemns arrest of girls, wants CM to apologise
- Advani on Emergency: Opposition says fears valid, attacks Modi govt
- Partition was British guilt, Emergency is ours: Advani
- Suspect in Charleston church shooting arrested who killed nine people
- BJP not embarrassed by Sushma-Modi row, says Sadananda Gowda
- Kerala: Solar scam convicts get three years of imprisonment
Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy today condemned the arrest of two girls over their Facebook posts questioning the shutdown in the city for Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray's funeral.
"It is reckless disregard of the Constitution and the fundamental rights by Maharashtra administration to invoke the IPC section 505(2)," he said in a statement.
The section 505(2) deals with statements creating or promoting enmity, hatred or ill-will between classes.
"I demand that the criminal case be withdrawn and the Chief Minister offer his apologies to the young girl," Swamy said.