Subramanian Swamy condemns arrest of girls, wants CM to apologise
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Protests against Kejriwal in Varanasi; Modi's rally stage collapses due to rain
Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy today condemned the arrest of two girls over their Facebook posts questioning the shutdown in the city for Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray's funeral.
"It is reckless disregard of the Constitution and the fundamental rights by Maharashtra administration to invoke the IPC section 505(2)," he said in a statement.
The section 505(2) deals with statements creating or promoting enmity, hatred or ill-will between classes.
"I demand that the criminal case be withdrawn and the Chief Minister offer his apologies to the young girl," Swamy said.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer