Sweeper’s body found in drain near Dahisar temple
- Election Live: BJP in damage control mode, Rudy to meet Uddhav to fine tune alliance with Sena
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
A 43-year-old man's body was recovered from a drain of a temple in Dahisar Friday, police said. Police suspect he was murdered by a person known to him.
Police said Guttu Linganna Attapalli worked as a sweeper at the Vitthal Rakhu Mai Mandir in Dahisar east lived near the temple with his 20-year-old son. "The watchman of the temple said Attapalli was roaming around in an inebriated state on December 30," said Sunil Deshmukh, Assistant Commissioner of Police, Dahisar division. Attapalli went missing the next day.
On Friday, a foul smell started emanating from the drain. "The staff thought that the drain was clogged. However, when they tried cleaning the drain, they found the body," he said. The body has been sent for postmortem and a case of murder registered.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express