Sweet shop worker killed in boiler blast
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Polling stopped in Pune booth due to faulty EVMs
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
An employee of Bengali Sweets, Manimajra, died in a blast that occurred in the manufacturing unit of the shop in Industrial Area, Phase II, on Thursday. Another worker suffered injuries and was admitted to Government Hospital, Sector 6 (GH-6), Panchkula.
According to the officials of fire and emergency services, the blast occurred due to excessive steaming at 6.45 am when Rambir Singh and Bodh Raj were working near the boiler, preparing the day's stock. While Rambir died, Bodh Raj was injured. Shyam Singh, Rambir's brother, called the police.
Shyam said the explosion happened due to steam and was an accident.
Bodh Raj, who was working with Rambir, suffered minor burn injuries and was undergoing a treatment in GH-6. Doctors said his condition was stable.
The officials of the fire and emergency services department of Panchkula said that they received the call at 10.20 am and one fire tender was sent to the spot. It took 30 minutes to douse the fire. As per officials, there was no damage to the property.
Rambir was a 35-year-old native of Uttar Pradesh. He lived in Panchkula with his brother Shyam and was survived by wife and children.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18