Sweet shop worker killed in boiler blast
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
An employee of Bengali Sweets, Manimajra, died in a blast that occurred in the manufacturing unit of the shop in Industrial Area, Phase II, on Thursday. Another worker suffered injuries and was admitted to Government Hospital, Sector 6 (GH-6), Panchkula.
According to the officials of fire and emergency services, the blast occurred due to excessive steaming at 6.45 am when Rambir Singh and Bodh Raj were working near the boiler, preparing the day's stock. While Rambir died, Bodh Raj was injured. Shyam Singh, Rambir's brother, called the police.
Shyam said the explosion happened due to steam and was an accident.
Bodh Raj, who was working with Rambir, suffered minor burn injuries and was undergoing a treatment in GH-6. Doctors said his condition was stable.
The officials of the fire and emergency services department of Panchkula said that they received the call at 10.20 am and one fire tender was sent to the spot. It took 30 minutes to douse the fire. As per officials, there was no damage to the property.
Rambir was a 35-year-old native of Uttar Pradesh. He lived in Panchkula with his brother Shyam and was survived by wife and children.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress