Sweetshop raids: 3 quintals more destroyed
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy arrested in Lucknow, says he was not absconding
- Congress core group meets today over anti-graft ordinances pushed by Rahul
- Chhattisgarh: Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush
- IPL betting probe: Senior Tamil Nadu cop suspended for violation of 'conduct rules'
- Govt hikes DA by 10% for 80 lakh employees & pensioners
During the surprise checks by the UT Health Department officials to check and prevent adulteration in sweets and other food items in sweetshops across Chandigarh UTY a part of the ongoing series of raids during the festive season, the team of officials led by the SDM on Friday destroyed over three quintals of sweets which were kept in unhygienic conditions.
A team comprising Rajiv Tewari, executive magistrate conducted checks on sweet shops in Sector 29, 30 and Colony No 4.
According to UT Administration officials, the team destroyed some food articles that had been in unhygienic condition and also had been exposed to dust and flies, under the Epidemic Diseases Act.
The team also conducted checks at Doaba Sweets, Sector 30 and destroyed around 30 kg of sweets and some other food articles which were stored in unhygienic conditions and were stale.
The team directed the shop owner to maintain hygiene and cleanliness according to the norms of the Food Actand observed that the general conditions of hygiene at the sweet shop were not up to the mark.
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past