Swine flu: 3 more deaths in Tricity
- Government issues high alert, says Islamic State expanding area of terror
- Putin vows to hunt down those who bombed Russian plane in Egypt
- Mani Shankar Aiyar to Pakistan channel: Remove Modi for talks to resume
- Chittoor Mayor shot dead while trying to save husband
- Hyderabad nursery student dies after head gets stuck in school lift
Three more deaths due to swine flu were reported in the Tricity on Monday, taking the toll to seven.
As per officials, two patients were from Chandigarh and one from Panchkula. However, the Health Department continued to maintain that these were not fresh cases but were old cases.
According to the city IDSP nodal officer, Dr Naresh Kumar, two male chronic patients and residents of Sector 34 and Mani Majra respectively, in their early 70s, died at PGI and a hospital in Mohali respectively.
According to health officials, they received the report confirming the deaths and medical history of both the patients. They were suffering from some chronic diseases and during the course were infected with swine flu influenza. Both of them were admitted to the hospitals in the last week of January.
Similarly, a 46-year-old woman reportedly died at Alchemist hospital in Panchkula. She had also been undergoing treatment for swine flu for the past two weeks. The Panchkula IDSP nodal officer, Dr Gurbachan Verma, confirmed the death. On Sunday, two deaths were reported from the Tricity.
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible, surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since