Swine flu: 3 more deaths in Tricity
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Three more deaths due to swine flu were reported in the Tricity on Monday, taking the toll to seven.
As per officials, two patients were from Chandigarh and one from Panchkula. However, the Health Department continued to maintain that these were not fresh cases but were old cases.
According to the city IDSP nodal officer, Dr Naresh Kumar, two male chronic patients and residents of Sector 34 and Mani Majra respectively, in their early 70s, died at PGI and a hospital in Mohali respectively.
According to health officials, they received the report confirming the deaths and medical history of both the patients. They were suffering from some chronic diseases and during the course were infected with swine flu influenza. Both of them were admitted to the hospitals in the last week of January.
Similarly, a 46-year-old woman reportedly died at Alchemist hospital in Panchkula. She had also been undergoing treatment for swine flu for the past two weeks. The Panchkula IDSP nodal officer, Dr Gurbachan Verma, confirmed the death. On Sunday, two deaths were reported from the Tricity.