Swine flu claims 23 lives in Gujarat; 82 under treatment
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Ramdev âgoes liveâ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi addresses a rally in Assam; Sonia Gandhi to address a rally in Amethi today
Swine flu has claimed 23 lives in Gujarat since the onset of winter and 82 patients are being treated, the government said today.
"There have been 23 deaths due to swine flu in the state since the latest outbreak of the disease this season. Eighty- two people are being treated in various hospitals," Nitin Patel, Health Minister and Gujarat government spokesperson, told media persons here.
The disease, he said, has aggravated because of the prolonged winter. "The test kit of swine flu costs Rs 5,000. This kit is being provided free in both state-run and private hospitals," he said.
Seven patients in the age bracket of 1-14 years, 43 in 15-45 years and 32 patients above 45 years have been admitted in various hospitals, Patel said.