Swine flu patient dies at PGI
- Gurdaspur terror attack ends, all three terrorists killed
- Former president Abdul Kalam passes away following sudden illness
- Will not strike first, but will give a befitting reply: Rajnath Singh
- LG Najeeb Jung clears Swati Maliwal's appointment as DCW chief
- Gurdaspur attack aftermath: BCCI says no cricket ties with Pakistan as of now
A 40-year-old patient from village Patran, in Patiala district, Punjab suffering from swine flu (H1N1 Influenza) died on Sunday at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh. The patient, Amrik Singh, was admitted a few days ago with flu-like symptoms. About two weeks ago, three PGIMER employees from the department of cytology were also found positive with swine flu and were quarantined.