Swine flu: Two more cases, total reaches 61 in district
- Karmakar country: Many Dipas of Tripura taking their own leap of faith
- For India in NSG, China to send main negotiator
- No Railway Budget from next financial year, Arun Jaitley accepts Suresh Prabhu's proposal
- J&K: 15 injured in Poonch blast, pilgrims said to be target
- Tavleen Singh writes: Kashmir’s violent ‘children’
With two fresh cases of swine flu reported on Monday, the total reached 61 in the district. Out of the two fresh cases reported, while one patient belonged to Ludhiana, the other was from Moga.
While 14 people died because of swine flu, out of them six belonged to Ludhiana. Out of 61 patients, 21 were from Ludhiana and the remaining from other districts and states.
District edidemiologist Dr Anil Verma said, "Two fresh cases of swine flu came on Monday. Both the patients are women and are undergoing treatment at Dayanand Medical College and Hospital and SPS Apollo Hospital."
Discussing precautions against swine flu, Dr Verma said, "People should avoid hugging and shaking hands in this season when swine flu is spreading. If anybody develops some symptoms of swine flu, he or she should not take any medicine without consulting a doctor."
One should also cover nose while coughing and sneezing and avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth without washing hands, he said.
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages