System failed twice, no one checked: Probe
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
The BJP, led by its Delhi unit chief Vijender Gupta, staged a protest outside Sushruta Trauma Centre on Friday demanding that criminal proceedings be taken against the Chief Minister and Health Minister for the ICU deaths.
The Delhi government had on Thursday sacked two anaesthetists and suspended a medical officer in charge of repairs and maintenance. The additional medical superintendent in charge of the Trauma Centre was transferred.
Police have questioned 14 doctors at the hospital, and seized several files. Summons were issued to the contractor under Section 91 of CrPC.
Police have also slapped another charge of culpable homicide not amounting to murder under Section 304 of the IPC to the existing FIR lodged under Section 304A and 287 of the IPC against the company.