T20 win: Yuvraj was brilliant, acknowledges Dhoni
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni said he was worried when England were cruising at one stage and lauded his bowlers, especially Yuvraj Singh for turning the tide for them in the first Twenty20 match.
England were off to a flying start, reaching 76 in just eight overs.
"The pressure was on the bowlers and it was important from the eighth over onwards that we were on top. Yuvraj was brilliant. I thought he bowled really well at the right time. I was a bit worried because they got off to a flying start but Ashwin bowled well in the first three overs," Dhoni said after India won the match by five wickets.
Yuvraj took three wickets and conceded just 19 runs in his four-over quota.
Dhoni said Yuvraj kept his cool under pressure and the win was morale boosting after crushing Test series defeat.
"Every bowler apart from Yuvraj bowled one bad over but overall it was a good performance. In the shorter formats, we have done quite well and it builds the confidence," he said.
England skipper Eoin Morgan said that not putting enough runs on the board hurt them badly.
"We lacked some discipline with the batting, Alex Hales did well but we lacked about 15-20 runs. We never seemed to get going, we lost wickets. We didn't get the early wickets but we always though we were in the game, and it's tough defending that score," Morgan said.
The visiting captain was confident that his side will regroup and comeback.
"We're a young side and we've shown a lot of promise, we'll have to pick ourselves up."
Yuvraj, adjudged man of the match, said batting with straight bat helped him.
"When it comes to T20 I like to express myself. I try to hit everything straight and see how it goes," the left-hander said.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today