Tablets used to make narcotic drug seized at Assam-Mizoram border
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Almost 18 kgs (1.52 lakh tablets) of illegally transported pseudoephedrine, used to manufacture narcotic drug methamphetamine, has been caught by Mizoram's anti-narcotics agency.
The seizure, made at the Assam-Mizoram border town of Vairengte around noon by the Excise and Narcotics Department, was in the possession of a Myanmarese identified as Vailianpum, 33.
The accused was carrying the consignment in three suitcases on a bus from Guwahati and was headed towards Tahan, the capital of Myanmar's Sagaing division, sources said.