Taj Mahotsava begins
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
Taj Mahotsava, the ten-day long cultural feast showcasing country's finest crafts and culture at a single platform, today started near the Eastern gate of the Taj Mahal here. Uttar Pradesh Minister for Tourism Om Prakash Singh opened the festival at Shilpgram, the artisans village about a kilometre east of the Taj Mahal.
The theme for this year's Mahotsav is 'Our Tradition, Our Heritage' (humari parampara, humari virasat). The festival was started in 1992. mThe minister said that the people of Agra were fortunate in having the world heritage monument in their city. "Development of Agra was a top priority of the Chief Minister and steps were being taken for speedy implementation of many development projects in the city," Singh said. The festival will showcase Indian art,m craft, music and mcuisine.