Takale finishes second in Ooty rally
- In US, Manohar Parrikar hits out at Pakistan, says Modi govt 'pro-active' in curbing violence in Valley
- 'Is this Modi model of democracy?': Arvind Kejriwal complains about officers being transferred by L-G
- India, US sign military logistics pact
- Kyrgyzstan: Three hurt, suicide bomber killed, in blast at Chinese embassy
- Kashmir: Non-lethal options to pellets were cleared in 2012 but file gathers dust
Wrong math cost Sanjay Takale dearly as he got an eight second penalty towards the end of the rally that put him in second position behind winner Karthick Maruti, in the Mahindra Adventure Ooty TSD Rally Championship on Sunday. Takale finished 0.06 seconds behind Maruti in the fifth and final leg of the Mahindra Adventure TSD Challenge that gave him 18 points, while the winner Maruti walked away with 25. Before the start of the Ooty Rally, the India No 1 rally driver Takale was four points behind Maruti and needed to beat him to be able to clinch the title. Takale drove for Dreamz India Team and was at the wheels of Thar, from the stables of Mahindra. At the end of the championship, Takale and Mustafa, competing in the SUV Open category, finished with 76 points, while Maruti ended with 87 points.
Pawar, Joshi crowned champions
Gargi Pawar and Mayank Joshi both of Pune lifted the Boys and Girls title at the Pimpri Chinchwad Lawn Tennis Academy MSLTA Under 10 State ranking tennis championships which concluded at the PCLTA courts in Nigdi. In the Boys under 10 quarterfinals seventh seeded Mayank Joshi scored an easy 4-1, 4-1 win over Sanmay Gandhi, while in a clash of unseeded players Gargi Pawar stopped the winning run of Kalyani Somewar of Nagpur winning 6-4 to claim her maiden title.
Alphonsa Wizards thrash Pillay Lions
Alphonsa Wizards thrashed Pillay Pune Lions 4-1 in the PSHL to claim the biggest win of the round. Vikas Pillay scored a brace for the Wizards while Sanjay Mahapadi and Vishal Pillay completed the rout. Narad Bahadur scored a consolatory strike for the Lions. Dakshin Tornado recorded a 2-1 victory against Rocking Thunder with Zeeshan Shaikh and Devinder Walmiki scoring the two goals. Nippo opened the scoring for Rocking Thunder scoring in the 15th minute but was unable to prevent his side from losing the encounter. In the match between Travel Time and Pillay Pune Lions, Travel Time scored a 4-2 victory. Lakshman Rao scored two goals for Travel Time while Santosh Musale and Ganesh Girigosavi added a goal apiece. Sangram Chougule and Narad Bahadur scored for the Lions. In the last match of the day, Alphonsa Wizards won 2-1 against Olympiados. Prashant Bhokre and Sanjay Mahapadi scored for the Wizards while Vijay Mahapadi scored for Olympiados.
- Who wants Prevention of Corruption Act amended, and why, is the question
- Maneka Gandhi’s reservations on paternity leave are based on gender stereotypes
- Garbage generation has reached frightening proportions
- Cotton, mustard, two GM debates
- Kashmiris must use fresh methods, free of radical Islam, free of violence
- Kalburgi, Pansare and Dabholkar melded modern sensibilities with tradition