Take care of money, as it will take care of you
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
Why do we lose money? Why are we generally not happy with our financial decisions? Why did it have to happen to me? Why did it happen when I invested my money? The answer is really simple but it is going to be very hard to digest.
Either we are complacent or just that we do not want to take the effort. This is a plain cold fact. If I had to put a number to this, reasonable estimate would be 10 per cent Vs 90 per cent, ie 10 per cent people are just complacent, while 90 per cent just do not want to take the effort. What makes things worse is that these 90 per cent people want short-cuts. Just quickly give me an investment tip, what's the best investment, what's new these days, where can I get the maximum returns, what is safe but can give very high returns,
I have got so and so investment, what are the prospects, what is the future? These are normally the questions most people want to ask. Everyone wants a quick fix and no one is really interested in spending time or effort. What makes matters worse is manufacturers exploiting this and launching new products regularly.
Ironical that the manufacture now says things like, this product is better than ever before which in other words means what they were selling till now was not so good.
Remember there are no short-cuts and nothing worthwhile in life is ever free. The next time you get something for free, just pause to think if there is really much value, commitment and credibility if you were to act upon that piece of information. Rarely this is true; remember free information in financial matters can be grave. In my view if you want something, you have to work hard for it. Then you have to spend time and money. There is no other way.
- US panel wary of Modi rise
- Return pharmacists to drug stores, end queues: Govt
- Minority panel works on logo, structure to include Jains
- Festival makes performers of Assam’s politicians
- Child’s death in 1997: Delhi High Court upholds 4-yr jail for quack
- Orissa ponzi scam surpasses that of Bengal by Rs 2,140 cr