Taking hygiene to school
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
The children of Gawdewadi village have a reason to smile. Like other school kids of the city, they can now enjoy games on a ground full of play things, make good use of technology in the computer rooms and have clean toilets. Lila Poonawallah, chairperson of Lila Poonawallah foundation, and former vice-chancellor of Pune University Arun Nigavekar inaugurated the sanitation facility block at Zilla Parishad School in Gawdewadi on January 30. A computer room, with 15 computers, was also inaugurated by founder trustee of LPF Feroz Poonawalla and sarpanch of Gawdewadi Santosh Gawade. LPF has also completed two years of their project "2morrow 2gether" with the school. The project supports students of Class VII with school uniforms, books, bags, shoes and other facilities like healthcare for them and their mothers.