Taking hygiene to school
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
The children of Gawdewadi village have a reason to smile. Like other school kids of the city, they can now enjoy games on a ground full of play things, make good use of technology in the computer rooms and have clean toilets. Lila Poonawallah, chairperson of Lila Poonawallah foundation, and former vice-chancellor of Pune University Arun Nigavekar inaugurated the sanitation facility block at Zilla Parishad School in Gawdewadi on January 30. A computer room, with 15 computers, was also inaugurated by founder trustee of LPF Feroz Poonawalla and sarpanch of Gawdewadi Santosh Gawade. LPF has also completed two years of their project "2morrow 2gether" with the school. The project supports students of Class VII with school uniforms, books, bags, shoes and other facilities like healthcare for them and their mothers.
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer
- TMC captured booths in Cooch Behar, says Left; demands re-poll
- Ties with BJP under strain, TDP says may go it alone in Seemandhra
- BJP will emerge a major force in Bengal: Advani
- ‘Maintain birth data; see how many go to school after 5 years’