Talented Himal, Negi share lead
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Chandigarh:Himal Gusain of SD College and Pardeep Singh Negi leapfrogged others to share the joint lead with 4.5 points each at the end of the fifth round of the 23rd Chandigarh Chess Championship, that is being held at St Xavier's School, Sector 44. Following them closely at four points each were Naveen Bansal, CM Sharma, Tarini Goyal and Arunima Goyal.
Points position at the end of 5th round:
4.5 pts: Gusain Himal, Pardeep Singh Negi. 4 : Naveen Bansal,Tarini Goyal, Goyal Arunima, Chander Mohan Sharma. 3.5: Piyush Manuja, Sunil Bansal. 3: Vohra Abhinandan, Nitin, Rahul Arora, Vipan Negi, Hitesh Issar, Jaskeerat Singh, Shweta, Manveer Singh, Rishabh Jain. 2.5: Kritika Kapila, Manmohan Singh, Navneet Kaur Ahuja , Jashan Singh. 2: Aryan Oswal, Lakshay Bhatia, Kashish Jain, Levanshu, Shishir Lamba, Harpreet Singh, Mauraya Mahajan, AS Chopra. 1.5: Mohit Thakur. 1: Abhinav, Mohit Chaudhary, Mayank Verma, Hitesh, Anhat. 0: Puneet Kumar, Devesh Bibra.