Talk of the Town
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
Winds of social change
The Jamnalal Bajaj Foundation honoured awardees on the occasion of the 35th Jamnalal Bajaj Awards for the year 2012. The four awardees were felicitated by Chief Guest Dr. Justice C. S. Dharmadhikari in the presence of the trustees of Jamnalal Bajaj Foundation and distinguished guests who were invited to witness the awards ceremony. The award for outstanding contribution in the field of constructive work went to Jaywant Mathkar, vice-president of Gopuri Ashram, Maharashtra, the award for application of science and technology for rural development went to Kalyan Paul, executive director of Himalayan Grassroots Development Foundation, Uttarakhand, the award for development and welfare of women and children, instituted in the memory of Jankidevi Bajaj went to Nighat Shafi, chairperson of Human Effort for Love and Peace Foundation, Jammu and Kashmir and the international awad for promoting Gandhian values outside India went to Glenn D Paige, founder and chairman of the Center for Global Nonkilling Hawaii, USA. Each Award consists of a citation, a trophy and a cash prize of Rs. Five lakhs.