Talking point with Iqbal Khan and Binny Sharma
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The lead pair of Zee TV's Sanjog Se Bani Sangini believe in going with the flow and reveal their reel and real selves
Sanjog Se Bani Sangini is in way a new beginning for both of you? With this show, what do you bring to the television screen?
Khan:I am back from a long hiatus, so it is a new phase. I've returned with heaps of energy and hard work. But, overall I will be the same actor, who does what the script demands. I don't appreciate the melodrama of TV shows, but the audiences like that. So I keep their choices in mind and yet bring a bit of myself into the character.
Sharma:I am on cloud nine. Television will see a new side of me. The audiences loved the dancer in me, now they will get to see me as an actor. I feel acting and dance can go hand in hand and I hope that the makers of the show will use my dancing and choreography skills.
While one of you is riding the popularity wave, the other is a not. How does it feel to be paired with each other?
Khan:Binny's popularity will benefit everyone on the show. I encourage my producers to cast talented and popular actors. This show also has stalwarts like Aruna Irani and Sudha Chandran, so I feel I am in a win-win situation.
Sharma:He is a seasoned actor, so I am bound to be a bit nervous. I have so much to learn from him. As far as my popularity goes, I hope it attracts viewers, but I'm not relying on it.
The increase in reality shows and soaps has seen one of you shot to fame because of them, while the other got sidelined. Do you agree?
Khan:Yes, to an extent my popularity is not the same before, but that's not a big deal. Popularity is not in my hands. So many things affect that. A lot depends on the script, the concept, the freshness of not just the show they are a part of, but also other shows.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express