Talking to Taliban
- Judiciary must 'red-flag any populist decision': President at Patna HC centenary celebrations
- After death of 15-year-old in Narbal, state police say troops violated SOP
- Top executive of Avantha group arrested for making extortion calls to director
- Ahead of Kisan rally, Rahul Gandhi meets delegation of farmers
- Karnataka crippled by bandh over Cauvery issue
Any realistic assessment would suggest that the Taliban holds the key to the Afghan peace process. An Indian engagement with the Taliban does not mean a political endorsement of its ideology or worldview. Finding a way to talk to the Taliban must necessarily be a part of Delhi's Afghan policy mix.
The writer is distinguished fellow, the Observer Research Foundation, Delhi and contributing editor, 'The Indian Express'