Talwars’ friends, family take out procession
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- On Ambedkar Day, BJP says UPA favoured Muslims over Dalits
- RSS-led core group maps Modi campaign route
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Varun Gandhi to file nomination; Kejriwal arrives in Varanasi
Friends and family members of Rajesh and Nupur Talwar took out a candlelight procession on Sunday, demanding justice for the dentist-couple, who have been held guilty of the murder of their 14-year-old daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
Rajesh's brother Dinesh said justice for Aarushi and Hemraj could only come when justice was done with Rajesh and Nupur. "We have constantly said this case has been mishandled from Day One," he alleged.
More than a hundred people took part in the procession, mostly neighbours, colleagues and friends of the Talwars. One of Rajesh's batchmates said he could vouch for his c hildhood friend's innocence.
"The personal and professional lives of two parents are at stake. They did not deserve this," a doctor at Safdarjung Hospital said.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi